Amazon’s internal traffic is valuable but supplementing it with advertising, search engine, or social media-driven platforms can significantly boost your sales and expand your customer base. If you’re an Amazon seller or brand looking to optimise your marketing efforts and increase sales, you are at the right place. In this blog, we’ll delve into various approaches and tools for drawing in visitors from external sources to your Amazon listings. From utilising various advertising and social media channels to understanding their benefits and implementing additional methods, we’ll cover everything. You will learn about different ways to bring in external traffic that converts and puts your Amazon business on a high growth trajectory.
Google ads offer several avenues to channel traffic to your Amazon listings:
- Product listing ads: These ads display your product images and price directly within Google search results, catching the attention of potential buyers. These clickable ads lead users directly to your Amazon listings, streamlining the purchase process.
- Keyword targeting: Carry out expert SEO keyword research and bid on relevant keywords related to your products. When users search for these terms your ads appear at the top of the search results giving you prime visibility.
- Remarketing: Remind users who have previously visited your products by showing them tailored ads as they browse the web. This keeps your products on top of their mind and encourages return visits.
- Display ads: These visually appealing ads appear on websites that are part of Google’s advertising network. Create compelling advertisements that highlight your products and guide users to your Amazon listings.
- Google Shopping: You can utilise Google Shopping to promote your Amazon product listings. It requires listing your products on Google Merchant Center and setting up Google shopping ads that link to our Amazon product pages. You can target a broader audience with these ads and drive a substantial chunk of traffic to your listings.
Facebook’s vast user base and detailed targeting options make it a potent platform for driving external traffic:
- Dynamic ads: These ads automatically display products to users who have visited your website or shown interest in similar products. Showcasing products that users have already demonstrated an interest in can lead to higher conversion rates.
- Carousel ads: Utilise carousel ads to highlight multiple products within a single. Each product card can link directly to its corresponding Amazon listing, offering a range of options for potential buyers.
- Lookalike audiences: Leverage Facebook’s algorithm to create audiences similar to your existing customers. This helps you connect with users who are similar to those already interested in your products.
- Video ads: Engaging videos showcasing your products can capture users’ attention and encourage them to click through to your Amazon listing using the ad’s built-in call-to-action button.
An increasingly popular social media platform, TikTok, presents unique opportunities for driving traffic:
- In-feed ads: Short video ads that appear seamlessly in users’ feeds can showcase your products and encourage viewers to explore your Amazon listings.
- Hashtag challenges: Create challenges related to your products and encourage TikTok users to participate. There’s a great possibility of user-generated content going viral while increasing your brand visibility manifolds.
- Branded effects: Develop customer filters, stickers, or effects that users can use in their videos, incorporating your product branding. It helps in creating a memorable experience and enhancing your brand recognition.
- Influencer collaborations: Partner with TikTok influencers whose content aligns with your brand. They can genuinely advertise your products using imaginative videos, directing more people to your Amazon listings.
Other social media platforms:
Beyond Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and TikTok, other social media platforms offer their own ways to drive traffic.
- Instagram shopping: Enable product tagging your Instagram posts and stories. Users can click on products to access their Amazon listings, streamlining the path to purchase.
- Pinterest product pins: By enabling product pins, you provide users with real-time pricing and availability information, increasing the chances of attracting interested buyers.
- Twitter product cards: You can attach product details, images, and descriptions to your tweets & direct users to your Amazon listings making it convenient for them to explore and purchase.
- LinkedIn: If your products cater to a professional audience, utilise LinkedIn to share updates about your products and include Amazon links. This can tap into a niche market segment.
Additional strategies to drive traffic:
Apart from advertising platforms, explore these additional strategies to boost traffic.
- YouTube reviews and tutorials: Collaborate with YouTube influencers to create product reviews and tutorials. Including Amazon links in video descriptions can drive viewers to your listings.
- Affiliate partnerships: Establish partnerships with bloggers and content creators in your niche. They can promote your products using Amazon affiliate links, earning a commission for every sale generated.
- Email marketing: Backed with an efficient product listing optimisation strategy, build an email list and send regular newsletters highlighting your product with direct links to your Amazon listings. Offering exclusive discounts can entice recipients to make a purchase.
- Press releases: Getting decent media coverage is always good for your products. Whether it’s a new product launch or an interesting feature, mentioning Amazon availability can generate curiosity and traffic.
Best practices for success:
- Consistency: Regularly post engaging content to keep your audience engaged and informed about your products.
- Quality visuals: Use Amazon infographic images, high-quality product photos, and videos to grab instant customer attention and substantially improve your brand engagement.
- Clear Calls-to-action: Direct users explicitly to your Amazon seller storefront using clear and compelling calls-to-action.
- Engage authentically: Respond to comments, messages, and interactions genuinely to build trust and credibility.
How can we gauge the performance of external traffic sources
Brands need to evaluate the performance of external traffic sources and their impact on sales. You can use the following methods to measure the performance, fine-tune your strategies, and drive more visitors to your Amazon product listings:
- Amazon attribution: Amazon attribution is a specialised tool that provides detailed insights into the impact of external traffic sources on your Amazon sales. It gives you special codes for each outside campaign. You can check the outcome of these campaigns in terms of clicks and conversions. A deeper look at the metrics helps you find the various sources of visitors and their role in your Amazon growth.
- Conversion tracking: You can monitor the conversion rate of visitors from external resources who land on your Amazon listings. Calculate the percentage of visitors who purchase after clicking through. This metric directly measures the quality of traffic being driven to Amazon from external sources.
- Sales data analysis: Examine your Amazon sales data to identify trends and patterns corresponding to specific external traffic sources. Compare the sales performance of products that receive external traffic versus those that don’t. This will help you determine whether the traffic sources are generating tangible sales results or not.
- Keyword ranking and organic sales: Assess how external traffic impacts your Amazon keyword rankings and organic sales. Track whether an increase in external traffic leads to improved keyword rankings as higher rankings can result in increased organic visibility and sales.
- Traffic volume and sources: You can track the traffic generated by various external sources to your Amazon listings. Use tracking links and custom landing pages to differentiate traffic sources accurately. This information lets you understand which sources are sending the most visitors and potentially driving conversions.
How can driving external traffic to Amazon benefit your business
Directing traffic from sources outside of Amazon to your listings on the platform can be a smart strategy with substantial advantages for your business. Even though Amazon is already a vast marketplace drawing in millions of shoppers, utilising external traffic sources can expand your audience, boost sales, and improve how widely your brand is recognised. Here’s how:
- Expanded reach: By tapping into external traffic sources such as social media, blogs, influencer partnerships, and email marketing, you can present your Amazon product collection to a broader audience that might not have discovered it otherwise. This extended outreach can result in a greater number of potential customers visiting your Amazon listings.
- Reduced dependence on Amazon’s algorithm: Relying solely on Amazon’s internal search algorithm for discoverability can be limiting at times. By drawing in visitors from external sources, you establish more control over how visible your product is and when it gets showcased. This reduces your reliance on Amazon’s ranking algorithm and empowers you to exhibit your products to a more specific audience.
- Brand visibility and credibility: External traffic can help establish your brand as a credible and authoritative presence beyond the confines of Amazon. Being directed to your products and brand through multiple channels helps in expanding your presence and developing a sense of trust toward your brand.
- Diversified sales channels: While Amazon is a powerful platform, diversification is crucial in the competitive world of e-commerce. Driving external traffic allows you to establish a more diversified sales strategy, reducing the risk of being overly dependent on a single platform for revenue generation.
- Improved search engine rankings: External traffic from sources like blogs and influencer websites can contribute to better search engine rankings for your Amazon listings. This means that not only are you driving traffic directly, but you’re also indirectly enhancing your discoverability within Amazon’s own search ecosystem.
- Enhanced control over marketing strategies: Amazon’s advertising options are amazing, but external traffic sources give you more freedom to design and execute personalised marketing campaigns. You can create tailored messaging that caters to the preferences of your external audiences.
- Customer data ownership: When you bring in external traffic, you can capture customer data, such as email addresses, which you can use in future marketing efforts. This valuable customer data can be utilised independently of the Amazon platform.
- Leverage influencer marketing: Partnering with influencers in your niche can significantly boost your external traffic. Influencers can create engaging content that showcases your products in a relatable and authentic manner, attracting their dedicated followers to your Amazon store.
- Promotion and special offers: With external traffic, you can run promotions and special offers that might not be feasible solely within Amazon’s platform. This can encourage outside audiences to explore your store, resulting in higher sales and greater interaction with your brand.
To sum it up, an effective plan and unwavering dedication are a must to increase the influx of external visitors to your Amazon listings. While Amazon offers massive traffic and great growth opportunities, supplementing it with visitors from other channels can significantly boost your brand visibility and sales. You need to invest time, keep fine-tuning your methods, and develop a meticulous plan to drive external traffic to your listings. Vigilantly monitoring and assessing outcomes, all the while adapting strategies in response to data-driven insights, is pivotal.
If you find this process exciting but daunting at the same time, you can always seek help from our certified Amazon experts and pave the way for your Amazon listings to deliver outstanding results for your business.